Noah's Ark Baby Shower

One of my good friends asked me to make a cake for a Noah's Ark-themed baby shower. The baby's nursery colors are brown and green.  
I made gumpaste elephants, monkeys, giraffes, lions, snakes, zebras, pigs, and birds to set around the cake....all "two by two"!  (I gave all the little girl animals a pink bow on their head!) 
The ark on top of the cake is made of Rice Krispie Treats and covered in modelling chocolate. The top tier is red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and the second tier is yellow butter cake with pineapple chiffon filling. 



To give the cake a "girly" touch, I wrapped the bottom tier with a fabric-like ruffle 
and textured band.



Here is a note I received from my friend: "...the cake was awesome! Everyone was beyond impressed!"






Comments

Popular Posts