Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

I really like dogs. Let me say that again, I really LOVE dogs! Anyone that knows me, knows that dogs have always been a huge part of my life. I can't imagine life without these sweet, smart, loving little friends.  I grew up with dogs, my grandparents had them, my parents have several, my sister has one, and I have one too! I have successfully turned my husband (who never had a dog until he married me) into a dog lover....or maybe he realized there was no way around it...love me-love my dog!

Because of my obsession with these creatures, I happily jump at any opportunity to make a dog...out of cake, that is.

This first cake was made for my mom's birthday, years ago, back when I knew very little about cake decorating. I made all of her little wienie dogs to put around this topsy-turvy style cake, and she was thrilled! I also made fondant cut-out dog bones to place on the bottom tier, each with one of the dogs' names on it.



The following cake was made for the animal clinic I work at. The doctor's dog is our "mascot" at work, so everyone loved getting a cake that resembled her. This is Girlfriend, who is a schnauzer (and who is much cuter in person!)




My first cake to ever submit in Austin's annual That Takes the Cake Show was in 2009. I decided to make my sweet little dog, Annie, wearing her LSU cheerleading uniform. 

 I had so much fun making this cake! And to top it off, I won first place in the sculpted category of the Intermediate division! Yay! I should have known Annie's sweet little face could win first prize...even when in cake form :)



For Annie's 1st and 3rd birthdays (not sure what happened for her 2nd...), I made a cake to bring to the animal hospital for everyone to celebrate her special day! 






 More Wienie Dogs! These cupcakes were made for a little boy's birthday, who dearly loves his dachshund! The dog toppers were piped with royal icing, allowed to dry and harden, and then placed atop the buttercream icing.


This cake was made for a 50's themed party where all the ladies wore poodle skirts! How fun!


If you ever need your furry little friend turned into a cake...you now know who to ask!


My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am. -Author unknown

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts