Vintage Buttons

I recently purchased a button mold from Marina Sousa, and I'm so excited to show you how great it is!! I used the button mold in two cake designs I made this summer. 

This first cake is a milk-glass inspired cake with the "hobnail" design in the white fondant drapery. The buttons were painted deep purple and gold and
 are cascading down the two tiers of cake.






This next cake was for an 80th birthday party. It's very feminine, classy, and beautiful. 
I think it would make a great wedding cake design as well! 


For this cake, I used the button mold as the centers for the flowers on the top tier. I wanted the flowers to have a more vintage, fashion feel to them.


 The second tier of this cake has pearl dragees and pink sanding sugar cascading down from the top. 
The bottom tier has a layer of "lace" overlapped by a "fabric ruffle", all made of fondant. The birthday girl's initials are on the center plaque.


The base of the cake is covered with pink sanding sugar and dusted with gold luster. 

Comments

Popular Posts