Fall is in the air!!

Fall is definitely in the air!! It has been in the 60's and 70's here in Austin, and it feels great!!
When I think of fall, I think of Thanksgiving. This is one of my favorite holidays! I love getting together with family and friends to eat amazing food and enjoy each other's company without all the chaos of giving and getting presents. 
I wanted to post a few fall desserts I've made just to get you in the mood for the season!

First up, almond petit-fours with fondant cut-out turkeys. Gobble Gobble!


These are also almond petit-fours with fondant pumpkins, cornucopias, and leaves.


Here is a fall-themed anniversary cake I made for a friend. It has gumpaste tulips in fall colors. It was a chocolate cake, filled with chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream. Yum!



And, of course, the turkey! Yes, I made this many many years ago, back when I didn't know much about cake decorating...but I just had to post this picture for my Thanksgiving-themed blog! 
The little legs look too cute to eat!

I plan to make yummy miniature desserts for my family Thanksgiving meal next week.  I'll be sure to post pictures of them!
Happy Fall everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts