It's Christmas Eve! I've been very busy the past two days visiting my family and all of my in-laws. There's been lots of candy making, gift shopping, and present wrapping this week too. I thought I would share this present cake I made a few weeks ago. The top cake is a blue gift box with snowflakes.  I used a Martha Stewart stencil (can be found at Michael's) to spread on the royal icing snowflakes and then attached sanding sugar to the icing before it dried.  The bottom cake is a blue gift box with white reindeer around it.  The reindeer are fondant cutouts made on the Cricut machine and then dusted with pearl luster. The presents are topped off with a silver loop bow.  I used silver disco dust to make the bow shimmery.  These types of cakes are so much fun because your options for the "wrapping paper" are limitless. This cake can easily be turned into a birthday cake by decorating it with the party's theme.  Another great idea is to add a gift tag coming out of the bow announcing the occasion. 

I also want to point out this great cake stand I found recently. Isn't it gorgeous? I found it at a Home Goods in New Jersey but I've seen others like it in other TJ Maxx's and Marshall's here in Austin. The crystal pendants are great accents for any formal dessert or cake. 

Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts