Mardi Gras Goodies!

Even though I now live in Texas, I still get excited about Mardi Gras! As I was growing up in Louisiana, Mardi Gras always meant vacation from school and lots of yummy King Cake!  I made a King Cake from scratch this year to bring to a friend's house. I was so surprised when most of the people there had no idea what it was!!! I forget that this holiday is traditionally celebrated in French Catholic heritage regions around the world (Louisiana being one of those).  The King Cake is a Catholic symbol of the 3 Kings and their journey to Bethlehem to honor the Christ Child on Epiphany.  The cake is usually made with a small plastic baby inside of it. The person who gets the baby in their piece of cake has various privileges and obligations to carry out (usually, they just have to buy the cake for the next celebration!).  King Cakes are a yeast bread flavored with nutmeg and cinnamon and usually have a filling, such as cream cheese.  They are covered in a sweet icing with colored sprinkles.
This King Cake has a strawberry cream cheese filling. Contact me about ordering a King Cake for your Mardi Gras celebration.  




These adorable Mardi Gras mask cookies would also be great for your holiday celebration. Each cookie is wrapped in a clear cellophane bag and tied with matching feathers! These cookies are available for shipping. Contact me for more information!




Happy Mardi Gras!!

Comments

  1. I'm going to order from you next year. I usually get mine shipped here from Gambinos :) I'm sure yous is better & it's fresh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting in to a cosmetology propagandize can give them a event to exam their creativity as great as purse a career which can for certain be rarely rewarding opposite a United States. Ladies as great as Gentlemen, you acquire you to The Vision Beauty Academy.
    Best Cosmetology Bethlehem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts