A Wine Bottle for a Wine Lover!

One of my good friends celebrated his 29th birthday last week! And, of course, I had to make a cake for this special occasion :) Because we began the night with a wine tasting, I thought it appropriate to end the night with a wine bottle cake!  It was chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and chopped Reese's PB cups = YUM-O!!

Andy seems to be surprised by his cake! Yay!

 Andy and his beautiful girlfriend, Jen!

Me and Andy!

The wine bottle is lying in a wood crate with straw. The wood panels are fondant painted with brown food color.  The straw is made out of thin strips of gumpaste. The base is covered with a textured fondant.  I sculpted the wine bottle out of cake and covered it with fondant, which was painted with food color.


Jen came up with some great ideas for the wine bottle label. I decided to go with this one...Gadgets & Gizmos! Gadget is Andy's super cute dog and Gizmo is one of his cats (sorry I left you out Chili!).
His favorite type of wine is Zinfandel, he was born in 1982, and his last name is Naumann....hence the names on the rest of the label.


This cake is an Elisa Strauss design and she gives great direction in her book, The Confetti Cakes Cookbook. Be sure to check it out!


I hope you had an amazing birthday Andy!  


Comments

Popular Posts