Fairy Birthday

For those of you who know me, know that I'm still "a little girl at heart" when it comes to anything Disney princess.  When I was growing up, I dreamed of becoming a Princess one day. I wore the princess costumes, watched the movies, read the books, listened to the music, collected the dolls and accessories, etc., etc.  
I still find myself wandering around in the Disney store wishing I could fit into some of those clothes, haha! 
Every time I go to Disney World, one event I always attend is Tinkerbell flying down out of Cinderella's castle after the fireworks show. It's amazing!  ;)
So, as you can imagine, I was thrilled when a client asked me to make a Tinkerbell cake for her daughter's birthday! 


For this cake, I cut out a Tinkerbell shape and handpainted her. Her wings are made of rice paper.  I made gumpaste flowers to place around the base of the cake. And, of course, I sprinkled lots of edible pixie dust on the cake :)
really love the green fondant overlay on the cake that mimics Tink's skirt! 






The flavor of this cake was Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Buttercream, completely Nut-Free. 

I hope you had an amazing birthday, Caroline!!

Comments

Popular Posts